Followers

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Napolean Cake for Food Around the World


 
 


This month's Food Around the World theme was France.  It was actually my suggestion.  All I could think about was French Pastries!  Yum!

I decided to go with this Napolean cake recipe.  It's not really a cake per se, it's more like a Napoleon!!  I used the concept of the recipe from Foodista.  I say I used the concept, I mean I really didn't use all of the recipe.  I decided to go with The Cake Boss's recipe for pastry cream.  I had never tried it before so I was happy I had the excuse to. 

Let me tell you......THIS......THIS......is THE best pastry cream I have ever had.  And it really did taste just like a Napoleon.  My husband was a little disappointed it didn't have the vanilla/chocolate fancy schmancy design on the top so I think I will do that next time.  But trust me....you don't need it.  It's fine like this. 

If you would like to see what everyone else made, take a visit to Food Around the World blog, hosted by Kelly!

5 comments:

kelly said...

Looks yummy. Should of invited me over :)

Michelle said...

Looks great as usual! I'm sure it tasted fantastic!

Michelle said...

Did you save us any? Looks so yummy!

Leslie said...

Sounds delish!!!!!!! Happy fall michelle!

Roberthussy said...

This month’s Food Around the World theme was France. It was actually my suggestion. All I could think about was French Pastries.I decided to go with this Napolean cake recipe. It’s not really a cake per se, it’s more like a Napoleon!! I used the concept of the recipe from Foodista. I say I used the concept, I mean I really didn’t use all of the recipe. I decided to go with The Cake Boss’s recipe for pastry cream. I had never tried it before so I was happy I had the excuse to.



SEOServices