Followers

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino







I know I'm a little late with this, but I'm completely addicted to Starbuck's Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino.  The last two times I went in to order one, they told me they had no salt and they weren't really making them anymore.  WHAT?!!

I had to DO something about this.  So I decided to try to make one myself.  I searched the Internet for a possible copycat recipe and this is the one I decided on.  I found it on The Candid Pastor's Wife blog.



Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino 
  • 1 -1 1/2 cups of ice, depending on how thick you like it.
  • One pouch Starbucks iced caramel VIA (I couldn't find it so I used a substitute)
  • 2 tbsp. instant chocolate pudding
  • 1 cup milk
  • Sea Salt
  • whipped cream
  • caramel sauce 
I just added the first four ingredients and turned on the blender.  Wallah!

The verdict?  It was delicious.  I couldn't taste the salt though. I wasn't sure whether or not to put it inside the drink, on top, or both.  I did both but I think next time I will try Kosher salt because the pieces are bigger and I think that's what Starbucks uses.

Also, since I couldn't find the Starbucks iced coffee, I bought a substitute.  It didn't come out as sweet as Starbucks so I added some sugar.  I made my own whipped cream and drizzled caramel sauce over the top and it was very good after all of the flavors melded together. Not exactly like Starbucks, but very close. The one I made was more like a Veinte size.  Since I could not stop drinking it, I was REALLY full!  Maybe share with a friend.

If you like Starbucks Salted Caramel Mochas, I recommend it!!  

Enjoy!

No comments: