Followers

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Berry Cream Pie









It's summer!  My boys had their last day of school this past Thursday and they are so excited.  Looking forward to sleeping in (before I find a job that is!), going to the pool and beach, hanging with friends and doing lots of baking, of course.

I've been checking out lots and lots of books from the library onto my Ipad.  This past week I found Gooseberry Patch's "Summer in the Country" cookbook.  I LOVE Gooseberry Patch.  They have the best recipes.  Mostly, I've been reading the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris.  I'm SO addicted. 

I thought this pie would be the perfect recipe to kick off the summer.  And IT IS good!  The recipe says to use a 9-inch pie crust.  While buying a frozen pie crust is just fine, if I have the time, I like to make my own with Dorie Greenspan's "Good For Almost Everything Pie Crust" recipe.  It is so delicious!

Berry Cream Pie

3 cups blueberries or raspberries (I went for the blueberries)

9-inch pie crust

1 cup sugar

1/3 cup all-purpose flour

1/8 teaspoon salt

2 eggs, beaten

1/2 cup sour cream

Topping:

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 cup butter

Combine all ingredients until crumbly.

Place berries in unbaked pie crust; set aside.  Combine sugar, flour and salt.  In a separate bowl, beat eggs and sour cream together; add to flour mixture.  Spoon over berries.  Sprinkle topping over pie and bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.  Makes 6 to 8 servings.


Enjoy!



5 comments:

Eva said...

Look at all those gorgeous berries! I would love to have a slice of that pie right now!

Food Around The World said...

Wow! This looks delicious! I love baking with blueberries. Should have made two...I would have ran right over, with Jimmy of course! I have got to try this!

Michelle said...

why didn't you call me?? I want some! :)

Reeni Pisano said...

What a gorgeous pie! I can't tell you how good that looks to this berry lover!

Aimee Shugarman said...

This pie is gorgeous! I'd like a giant scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top my slice, please! PINNED.